Fariborz and Laura Behzadi opened Bicycle Craft Brewery on Industrial Avenue in September 2014. Their flagship, Velocipede IPA, is offered at select Ottawa-area LCBO's. They are currently undergoing a never ending expansion that has included acquiring additional fermentors, brite tanks and canning equipment.
- We invested in the podcast and bought another microphone. Upside, we can have four people on the show at a time. Downside, Chuck and Katy now have to sit on the same side of the table.
- Gravity refers to the specific gravity, or relative density relative to water. Before yeast is added to wort (unfermented beer) it has a high original gravity (high sugar content). When yeast is added and the beer starts fermenting the yeast converts sugar to carbon dioxide and ethanol thereby reducing the gravity. A beer's alcohol percentage can be measured by a calculation from the original gravity and final gravity.
- John Palmer's website, How to Brew, has been a resource for brewer's since it launched in 1999.
- Matcha is a finely ground powder of specialty grown and processed tea.
- As Fariborz and Laura were setting up the brewery they purchased a system from DME Brewing Solutions which was similar to BarNone Brewery. They were invited to visit the Prince Edward Island Brewery to do a collaboration brew and get used to the system.
- Oh those delicious 'C' hops in Velocipede IPA.
- Bicycle Craft Brewery updated their logo on May 25, 2017 - old / new.
- Let's remember our beer math: 1 barrel (bbl) = 1.17 hectoliters (hl) = 117 liters (l).
- What is a Milkshake IPA?
- Looking to get more experience in a brewery? Check out this listing of beer jobs!
- Katana Lemon Matcha - Bicycle Craft Brewery
- Velocipede India Pale Ale - Bicycle Craft Brewery
- Peach Mango Milkshake IPA - Bicycle Craft Brewery
- On the Lam - Bicycle Craft Brewery
- RSS: http://613beercast.libsyn.com/rss
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-iTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-Play
Join the Conversation!
- What do you think of Milkshake IPAs? Do you also think they are 'yum yum'? Join the conversation on our Facebook Group: 613BeerCast - After Dark.
- Rate us on iTunes and help us spread the word of awesome Ottawa craft beer!
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, we post pretty pictures of ourselves there!
- Which Ottawa brewery should we talk to next? Let us know by sending us an e-mail.