Hamilton is becoming quite the beer hot spot! Thanks to Brewtrippers and a quickly formed beer swap over Twitter we're able to sample several beer treats from THE HAMMER.
- Our very first beer trade! Cheers to Sean and Jenn at Brewtrippers for swapping beers with us - we really enjoyed drinking some new to us beer from new to us breweries! If anyone else is interested in trading beers drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Beer trades have been happening forever, I guess it has it's own subculture.
- We have great plans for this podcast not to mention plans to better the world, plans to take over the world.. all discussed after the podcast is finished recording.
- Beer styles - what is a Grisette?
- Mixed fermentation brewing has been a bit of a trend lately. Expect to hear more of that with other breweries soon.
- Fairweather's bottle labels have the same stylings of this type of button up shirt.
- Yeah, I think you want to sit, eat and drink at MERIT too!
- These are Rockets and these are Smarties in Canada.
- What does rye contribute in beer?
- Are flagships necessary anymore?
- Don't forget your beer math: 1 barrel (bbl) = 1.17 hectoliters (hl) = 117 liters (l) = 344 bottles of beer = 195 Canadian pints
- Grisette - Fairweather Brewing Company
- Silky - Fairweather Brewing Company
- Chanan - MERIT Brewing
- Young Rival - MERIT Brewing
- Pineapple Rye Pale Ale - Grain & Grit Beer Company
- RSS: http://613beercast.libsyn.com/rss
- iTunes: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-iTunes
- Google Play: http://bit.ly/613BeerCast-Play
Join the Conversation!
- Have you been to Hamilton recently and tried any of these breweries? Join the conversation on our Facebook Group: 613BeerCast - After Dark.
- Rate us on iTunes and help us spread the word of awesome Ottawa craft beer!
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, we post pretty pictures of ourselves there!
- Want to do a beer trade? Let us know by sending us an e-mail.